I have compiled some images with my favorite locations to photograph around Red Deer.
1. This location is in Red Deer, beautiful birch trees, long grass and a bit of sand. Easy access minimal walking distances.
2. This is Mckenzie trails, a favorite to a lot of photographers as you are right in town and so much to offer. Open fields and trees, cute brown bridge overlooking the pond. Perfect location during all seasons.
3. This is a favorite of mine located in Red Deer. With beautiful overgrown trails and a open field where the light shines perfectly. A bit more walking is involved to capture all the beauty here but its worth it!!
4. Located near Blackfalds, Beautiful views, low creek perfect for getting your feet wet or jumping right in!
5. Downtown Red Deer has a ton to offer, beautiful murals and harsh light make for stunning portraits.
5. This is a favorite for families, beautiful mature park in Red Deer, that tree is literally everything you envision when you think of a family tree.
6. Heritage Ranch is always beautiful. During the winter months you can go right onto the river. You'll be getting your steps in on those stairs but the walk down to the river is a must!
7. Kerry Wood nature center, this is a great location for a bit of a walk. Following the trails stopping along the way. Beautiful field near the end to give variety in your shots.
8. Located in Red Deer
9. Coronation Park Red Deer.
10. Sylvan Lake, This is the perfect summer location for those wanting to get wet!
Travelling outside of Red Deer is always an option as well. Alberta has so much to offer!